Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Christmas in Missouri

Long time, no post! It has been a very busy past month. We were very lucky this year to make it to both Missouri and Seattle around Christmas. We went to MO the weekend before Christmas. It was a very quick trip but so much fun! We flew to Salt Lake and got on the same plane as my brother, David. Our plane didn’t land until after 11pm, but I really wanted to go to Branson while were visiting. So my parents picked us up and we just started driving down. We spent the night in Springfield so that we could start our day at one of my favorite restaurants, Lambert’s. It was just as great as I remembered it and Jeff got his first experience with “thrown rolls.” Then we went to Silver Dollar City to see the beautiful Christmas lights and get in a bunch of rides with no lines! We drove home that same night.
Saturday we went and visited my grandparents and opened our Christmas presents since we wouldn’t be there on Christmas. I got to see a couple of my church friends that night and catch up.
Sunday we went to church and then had an open house for our 1 year anniversary!! We got to eat the top of our cake and Dave finally felt like he got to be a part of the wedding by eating some as well. My friend Rachael drove 4 hours to come visit me that night and catch up too. It was a great trip! We left MO at 4 in the morning on Monday and I went straight from the airport to work… Needless to say, it was a very long day but so worth it to go visit my friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment