Sunday, June 10, 2012

Training Complete

As of June 2nd, my running training is over! Wahoo. My body must have aged a lot since I was 20 because it was so much harder to train this time around!  I have a lot of excuses as to why this race was not ideal, but mostly I didn't train enough.  I now realize it is so much harder to find time to run when you have 2 jobs, a Young Women's calling, and a husband.  But such is life and now the race is over!  I think it may take me a few years to forget this half marathon experience, but here are some pictures that my sweet husband took for me.
Happy before the race began.

Getting on the bus so they could drive us 13 miles up the road, only to have us ran back to where we started.

Still smiling at about the 6 or 7 mile mark.

Uncle Doug (and Clark) ran the race too!

Look at that hustle at the end.

Finally done!
So in my defense, I was sick the week leading up to the race, so I didn't run for over a week before and my body was tired.  And, it was a straight line for the last 7 miles with only dirt on both sides of the road and the sun in my eyes.  I told you I was full of excuses, and that is only a few :-p

No comments:

Post a Comment